7 Tips for the modernization of your elevator in Abbotsford!
Your elevator is getting older and you are thinking about a modernization of your elevator in Abbotsford?
Here are some tips for modernizing your elevator:
- Always ask for different quotes. Modernizing an elevator can be a very technical matter and each supplier has its own specific features. Request at least 2 quotes and explicitly ask for the differences between the quotations offered.
- Choose a supplier with non-proprietary parts. Many manufacturers work with patented parts and closed electronic controllers. This ensures that no other maintenance company can maintain the modernized lift. Choose explicitly for a supplier with available parts in the Vancouver market.
- When choosing an elevator contractor choose one with experience. A local elevator contractor knows the legislation and standards in British Columbia. They are able to follow the modernization process briefly and, if necessary, provide (additional) parts from their local warehouse.
- Choose an installer with certified and unionized technicians. This will ensure quality workmanship.
- Request references. Nice brochures & cheap prices give a limited image. Ask explicitly for qualitative references to see if the supplier has already modernized several elevators in the area.
- Look at the total investment amount and not just the amount of modernization. It is important to note that not only the modernization but also maintenance of the elevator involves a cost. A cheap modernization price does not guarantee a good deal in the long term. Always take the decision based on the sum of the price of the modernization and cost of maintenance together.
- Always ask for a clear maintenance contract with the modernization offer. A maintenance contract will determine what the total cost of the investment will be. Always ask for a maintenance contract with a clear indication of price, services delivered and cancellation.
Eltec Elevator Ltd. is specialized in the modernization of elevators in residential, commercial and institutional buildings in Abbotsford.
Since 1982, we have been fully committed to developing long lasting partnerships with our customers by providing innovative elevator services with a personal touch.
We maintain, repair and modernize elevators in following areas: Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Maple Ridge, Abbotsford, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, Tsawwassen, Vancouver, West Vancouver, White Rock, Mission and Chilliwack.
- Transition Information
- ELTEC ELEVATOR / KONE
- BCSA Safety Order – Firefighters Emergency Operations – Surrey
- 7 Tips for the modernization of your elevator in New Westminster
- 7 Tips for the modernization of your elevator in Maple Ridge!